01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #88
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMcSass View Post
I don't think my posts are holding up judgment on this fuel system upgrade. If anything your posts are attempting delay judgment. So accusing me of filibustering maybe isn't the best analogy here. Maybe we can agree to disagree on much of this argument as we're both repeating ourselves.
It's pretty clear that you've been free to judge this whole time. No one is stopping you from posting. I'm encouraging specificity. Attributing malice to the creator of the fuel system due to a lack of desired data is filibustering. We will definitely not agree on that point, it seems.

Quote:
In terms of what data I would like to see, it would be effective flow rates. So FFTEC would recreate the fueling system including the length and diameter of the line used, the OEM fuel pressure regulator, the much debated venturi valves, and anything else that would impact effective flow. Ideally we would have a restrictor at the end of the fuel line that matches the small inlet of the high pressure fuel pump. The test bench would be run at the OEM duty cycle and voltage. This would give us a real world test platform for the pumps beyond discussing the manufacturers open flow specifications.

Then using this test bench they would flow test an original well worn pump, a new OEM pump, a walbro pump, the walpro pump inline with the well worn OEM pump, and the walbro pump inline with the new OEM pump.
This is *might* be a good setup, money being no object. Which manufacturers of upgraded fuel pump systems run this kind of platform? How much do those systems cost? Which cars are they used for? Your emphasis of salesmanship vs. data implies to me that you are used to a much higher standard.

I am unaware of other tuners for the 335i being this thorough, outside of, maybe, Dinan and HPF? Their systems are also much more expensive. It's probably a good balance between quality and price. Take a hint from SpaceX. It's cheaper to test a few times and fail than to spend excessive amounts of money ensuring it doesn't.

Last edited by Ferruccio; 01-09-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0