05-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #24
Goboro100
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
Similar situation here, 91k on original fluid. BMW suggests change at 100k intervals as per manual.

Sometimes get a delay, almost like hunting for next gear, 2nd to 3rd. The way I have to eliminate this scenario is by letting slightly off the throttle right before I feel it will shift.
So I have a similar concern... the 335d I have, will make stiff up shifts and they vary if you are not accelerating around 2000 rpm or more... Anything less and the shift quality is quite poor almost like you’re driving the car under sport mode but it feels like the car doesn’t know how to shift in low rpms or just dosemt know how to do it smother. Will be doing a fluid, filter and sleeve seals change soon. I’m positive it won’t really change anything. I’m willing to bet that the MAF will need cleaning the less air flow the less dirty sensors can calculate. I’m assuming... Also should I get transmission tuning if it’s giving these signs and symptoms? I do plan to alphabet delete soon as well. With stage 2.8 tune. Should I leave transmission software alone?
Appreciate 0