07-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #101
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
I felt the car swing and vibration in the steering as well. It was pretty annoying. I thought it was just the rears it was like 1 front 1 rear and a tranny/engine mount was all jacked up. 80k miles is starting to take its toll.
Thank you for the response.

I'm at 94,000mi, but all my vibration issues came about after hitting a massive pothole (blew a tire, bent a wheel, and tore up my undercarriage shield). The tranny/engine mounts seem to be mentioned a lot, sounds like it could very well be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
If you feel vibration when you get on/off the gas is the center bearing on drive shaft.
Is that the Giubo or Flex Disc?

So far from all the threads I've read on vibration, the most common culprits seem to be:
  • Wheelbearing
  • Driveshaft unbalanced, BMW Giubo / Flex Disc
  • Bent Hub
  • Worn bearing
  • Front axle shaft CV joint
  • Control arm or Control arm bushings

Since I had TWO mechanics look at the car, one just re-balanced all four wheels and said it should be fine. The other said he didn't see anything broken, and that my front two wheels weren't straight, and that could cause the vibration (I switched to my winter wheels/tires, and vibration was still there; thus eliminating the non-straight wheel theory).