View Single Post
      05-11-2023, 04:59 AM   #15
netherborn
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubudo View Post
I looked at the parts diagram that was posted this morning and thought to myself that it looked nothing like my vehicle...and concluded that it must be different because they put your steering wheel on the wrong side.

Now that you corrected that error, I can concur that it is the charge air line (aka turbo to intercooler boot). If it is only leaking at the connector, you may just require a new o'ring (Part # 11617801974).

Because of the oil entering the intake via the CCV, a boost leak in that location also tends to leak oil.

My understanding is that BMW at one point upgraded that boot (or possibly just the seal), but I am of the impression that most people on this forum upgrade the boot to products from ATM and Forge.
Yep, easy mistake. In the UK we drive on the correct side of the road, hence steering wheel on the right.
I think the hose does need replacing looks like the connector is splitting off, I'm going to get the OEM hose and O rings from BMW for my mechanic, with the labour charges in London I don't want to take any chances with aftermarket fitments

Last edited by netherborn; 05-11-2023 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0