View Single Post
      10-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #94
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
And sometimes itis hard to get the BMW service people to even diganose the car.
The people at Dinan have been right there when I have aproblem and have never gave me any hassles. The service departments at the dealerships will not even diagnose my car. If they do hook it up and get any codes they just say itis due to aftermarket tune and leave it theree.Iam trying toget them totell me what exactly is wrong but they give me BS. Ihave a printout of over 70 codes that the dealer did nothingabout even if there was a SIB addressing that code. I do notknow how they can say that the problem is due to an aftermarket tune when they dont even know the problem. This is the same dealership that said the reason Ihad the bulb out warnig on the dash and the code was due to an aftermkarket DRL light kit. Imagine my surprise, especially since I did not have one. I mentioned that to the S/Aand he went back to the tech and asked. Came back with something about a led light code. Still nothing I did. He went back again and this time he said that it was a false code and the problem was a shortin the tailight. Apparentlly they did not beleive mewhen I said I did not change the DRL, but never bothered to physically look at the bulb that was in the car that was 2 feet away from them. The computer said it so it has to be true.
I am about to get legal on their ass with them not diagnosing the car. The warranty is a contraxt and by them not diagnosing the car that is breach of warranty contract. They cant decide they dont want to hionor the warranty because of Dinan, they can not fix something under the BMW warranty iif the problem was caused by Dinan software but in order to do that they have to know what the problem is and since they dontr tell me what it is then i surise that they did not fiully diagnose and solve the problem..
Besides, I bought the Dinanat a BMW dealership. It was Installed by BmW techs. Now they have their own tune and dont want to work with Dinan, that is not my problem. I =bought a bw witrh a warranty, the tune does not make that warranty null and void, BMW has to hionor the warranty that came with my car.
Dinan has stood behind their product and has taken care of things the way they said they would, unlike a certain car manufacturer.
How is it possible to have been here so long and not be able to write a coherent post?

I think you said that the dealership believes that your aftermarket tuning is causing or contributing to your problem and are refusing warranty service for that fault.

That is their prerogative and the dealership has an obligation to BMW to refuse warranty service if your aftermarket mods are causing the problem.

It actually says that in your owner's manual.
Appreciate 0