Cactus_BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddyus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
(Nolaman1970) Do you know if there is an easy way to get the CIC functionality without changing all components to CIC from CCC? I ask because I have a 2008 E93 with CCC and would love to have the controller with more quick access buttons. I am guessing that since it connects to the old radio I would still have to use a CCC controller but figured I would ask if you know. P.S. I live in Kenner (brah) and was born in 1970. I assume that may be what the 1970 is in your signature?
Except for some very early CCC systems (I believe 2007) you can swap in a CIC controller for use with a CCC system. It's a direct swap. Do a little digging and you can find out which CCC systems it doesn't work with. You will need the center console trim panel from a CIC car, of course.

I made the swap on my 2008 e90, though I'm using it with my Android head unit and Carplay almost exclusively.
"though I'm using it with my Android head unit and Carplay almost exclusively"

And using it in this way, making the switch to the new controller ends up offering no advantage, correct?

I'm asking because I'd be interested in making this upgrade, but am doing the same thing, using CarPlay 100% of the time on Android head unit.
Appreciate 0