View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #29
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Here is a log with stock air intake. Ambient temperature is 26 Celcius or 78.8 Fahrenheit for you weirdos out there.

I started my day by driving for 15 minutes and going into a restaurant for 30 minutes. I then left for a 30-minute drive and stayed at my first work location for 2 hours. I then did another 30-minute drive to my second work location and stayed there 1.5 hours. Finally I went back home with a 20-minute drive in which I took the log.

I noticed that a lot of times and days I do some frequent stops or itineraries similar to the one above, especially with university and work. So all of this story might just be heat soak. But I still find that my IATs climb too quickly and don't go down enough.

Here is the log, I didn't want to go completely crazy on a day like this, so I tried to get the best info possible without being too stupid.

https://datazap.me/u/thegoodthebadth...ata=4-10-11-20

I did find a correlation between the IATs and exhaust temperature, but I don't know which one is affecting which. I would say that higher exhaust temps affect IATs in a way that they will also get higher and not really the other way arround, since the combustion won't vary too much with an initial temperature that can have a delta ranging arround 15 Celcius.
EGT is calculated... there is no egt sensor. Eghuast gas temps arent going to have a big impact on iats either.
Appreciate 0