View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 04:44 AM   #29
Dowdogg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI 335i E90 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFox View Post
I was able to get a few quick videos of what this looks like while just revving your engine. Unfortunately it was a little too cold and icy to get any videos banging through the gears but the "pops" are just as loud if you shift correctly. FBO running 91 and fully straight piped. It is pretty obnoxious.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!! I'm glad to see somebody else actually tried this. Can't wait to see you banging through gears, looks amazing. I'll get some more video up as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekansnowman View Post
I'm dying over here, lol. Especially, "Leave the forum at once".
Man, people be asking dumb questions all the time, I have to address them before they ask you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
Dowdogg set it up so he can singe the hoods of Priuses that are tailgating him.
Hey man, to be fair, Pri-i (plural of Prius) are great cars set ablaze due to their aerodynamic shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbmw View Post
Lol, can't stop laughing at

"If you don't understand what I just said, get this done professionally (A professional would never do this)."

hahahahaha love it
Let's be honest, if you went to a tuner and said "hey bro, yeah, I don't really care about a safe tune, just make it shoot flames every time I let off" they'll probably gladly take your money anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
man, If only he posted a DIY video, fuel tables, and a forum post about it.
Literally, dying. You sir, are a true champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBMW335I View Post
Just for the benefit of all, i ask the following questions:

1. Can you run this with any other tune (Cobb, Dinan, JB4, etc.) or does it only work with MHD?

2. What FBO add ons (DPs, Tune, aftermarket Exhaust, etc.) are recommended or needed in order to do this without catastrophically ruining your car?

3. How much impact does this have on gas mileage? (like I really care, lol)

4. What fuel do you recommend running, is this safe with E85 (relatively speaking about the word "Safe", hahaha)?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I'm sure they will be as comical and as informative as your original post.

Hey man, I was totally going to troll your post, but I would actually like to be helpful so I will address your questions in all seriousness.

1. When I said this only works with MHD, its because I only tried this with MHD. I am not familiar with Dinan or Cobb's platform so I wouldn't know what tables you can access via their tunes. It may be possible, but I just haven't tried it (and I won't).

2. Like I said in the video, if you have kats, you will destroy them immediately and potentially hurt your car. As to what mods I recommend, you NEED full exhaust. DP's and a catback. preferably, a pretty free flowing one (for obvious reasons). Most offerings will be at least a 2.5" dual. This will work for your purposes no problem. Intercooler, Intake, Inlets blah blah blah not important. More restriction = more potential for problems and in this case, less flames in general.

3. It does not effect gas mileage. The way the tune works, it only happens/activates when you are AT LEAST at 5K RPM, because that's where the timing changes occur. Your gas mileage is going to be shit at 5K already. Now if you cruise at 70 at 5K RPM or higher on your daily commute, you have bigger problems than I can help with.

4. I have ran this set up with 91, and with E40 mix. Both will be 100% fine. I promise you, I drive my car harder than you probably ever will (8-10 track days a year and 2-3 drift events on top of that) and I have had no problems (yet).

If you have any more questions let me know, ill be glad to help!
Appreciate 2