View Single Post
      04-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
So, most of this info seems to be about the functionality of the headlight conversion, but if someone already has pre lci adaptive xenon headlights will the lci xenon adaptive headlight be a direct replacement or will it need some body/bracket modification to fit?
Direct replacement, I've done this.

The only difference you'll have is the 3 corner LEDs on the LCI lights won't work (which most prefer anyway). To get them to work you'll need to insert a pin in to position 7 (iirc) of the headlight connectors and splice it into somewhere with the proper voltage (which I don't know), or route it all the way into the harness that goes to the FRM, which is probably unnecessary, but that's how its done on LCIs.

You'll need at least an FRM2 (which you may already have, depending on production date), and will need to reprogram it so the turn signals aren't bright af and don't flicker (pwm options if coding w/ NCS). If the adaptive doesn't work right away, you'll need to program the SLC modules on the headlights, I think this can be done in INPA (calibration).
Appreciate 0