03-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #31
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefybmer View Post
Yes, actually it would be a large chunk because what used to be a new car turned into a used car unless they were able to stop the process before it was titled. In that case it would probably be a week or less. If not, your friend lost the money he put down and probably increased his payment from what it would have been originally on the more expensive car.
I know you can't believe it's possible not to lose a huge chunk of change, but my example isn't theoretical. It has actually happened, with no commensurate increase in the second lease payment.

Quote:
The original post said he was wondering if he could get out of his lease with 22 payments left and then mentioned he wanted to get into a $750 M3 payment. Well with all of the negative equity and LOW estimate of an M3 payment he should keep his current car and wait it out. So, I stand by the original post and advise him not to do it.
No one is arguing about the OP's low M3 lease estimate. And an M3 is going to cost more than a 3-series, that's pretty obvious too. But that's got nothing to do with whether or not he can get out of his current car and into the car he wants without taking an unreasonably large hit. I'll say it for the third time: I don't know if he'll be able to do what he wants or not. Heck, I'll even go so far as to agree that it's unlikely that he'll get what he's looking for. But it is possible, it has been done before, and there is no harm in trying. And I stand by all of that too.

Quote:
Are we done now?
As far as I'm concerned, we are.