08-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
How many km on your car? Any codes? What have you done to try to troubleshoot it? If it is at idle, there is a "Smooth Running" screen in the diagnostics via GT1 or Autologic that can show which cylinder is acting up. This screen only works at idle, though.

I chased an idle issue that also persisted up to about 2k RPM, light load. Replaced plugs, cleaned intake, cleaned both MAP sensors (which helped significantly, surprisingly), all 6 injectors, and finally both pre-cat O2 sensors. The O2 sensors finally got rid of the problem. I'm running Procede Rev3 with PWM meth, no codes, no problems anywhere else from 2k up to 7k at any load or boost level.
125Km's - Have had the car for roughly 2 months and loving it. I forgot to mention it idles at 600~rpm. It's smooth but you hear a thump from time to time. It's not consistent so it can be heard at any time within 30 secs to a min apart.

Revs stay the same, I watched it carefully this morning every time I stopped at the lights and hear the thump the revs didn't drop. Maybe it's not a misfire???

I haven't done much to troubleshoot it at this point as it only happens on idle's (that I've noticed). When accelerating or decelerating it's fine and I haven't pushed this car yet. I'm still behaving but I love that torque

Is that thump normal or is it something I should be concerned about?

Last edited by =C=; 08-29-2012 at 02:39 AM..
Appreciate 0