View Single Post
      06-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
bluemidas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i, PPK, BMW PE

Updated Parts List

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies! They have been extremely helpful while deciding on the parts I am going to purchase. Instead of typing out the name of parts, I feel like it will be easier to interpret a screenshot from the Excel doc I am organizing all of this information in. The green parts are the ones I currently plan to purchase, while the red parts are the components that I originally planned to purchase, but now think are unnecessary. I have the prices listed for each part of the separate packages, and potential replacements that are much cheaper. Feel free to ask about any of the terminology from the spreadsheet.

mweisdorfer : Great suggestion for saving money on the subframe bushings, just replacing the BMW parts with Lemforder saves about 350. I borrowed the Bentley manual for e90s up to 2010, and it has helped. I will be purchasing the newer edition for engine tuning.

I can't seem to tag Chris from strut monkey, but it looks like there is a B12 pro kit available for around $800, although it doesn't contain the actual strut assemblies, just the struts/springs/shocks.

agustincuenca : I will not be installing coilovers, just the regular B12 kit. Do you think it is necessary to replace the parts of the shock assembly that aren't the mounts? I still have the stock 225/45 R 17s on the front and back of my car, the tires are Pirelli P-Zero Run Flats. I will be replacing them with the Michelin PSS Non Run Flats. I was thinking though, my front tires have next to no wear, but the rears need to be replaced soon anyways. Would it be bad to buy a set, but only put the new ones on the back until the fronts wear out? Seems like it might mess with ride quality/handling. That lifetime warranty is great though...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip BMW mod list.zip (30.4 KB, 148 views)
Appreciate 0