View Single Post
      08-02-2018, 04:12 AM   #26
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gT-BMW View Post
In case if anybody was wondering what a setup like this would run in 1/4 mile, i finally had a chance to take my car to the drag strip. I was in a rush to get there that i totally forgot to take my stuff out of my car. I had a spare tire, scissor jack, some tools about 30lbs of books and almost a full tank of gas.
Temp was about 90, forgot what the d/a was but the other racers there said it sucked today. 14.6@ 96mph.

for comparison my car bone stock did 15.2@92mph. seems like a stock 330i is still faster.
Your D/A at Orlando Speedway at the time you ran was 1349. You can looked it up here they log the D/A for most every major track:

http://dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Also at that link you can run the corrected times for your D/A which I did for you:

Driving makes a much bigger difference in the car than you think. When I look at dragy times there’s a graph that shows acceleration force and you can plainly see how someone’s launch and shifting can affect a run. I wouldn’t say your car runs a d/a corrected 14.4 because that isn’t exactly true.

What’s true is that your car runs *with you driving* a d/a corrected 14.4. We don’t know what a stock 330 would run *with you driving*, lol
Appreciate 1
gT-BMW203.00