Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud001 View Post
My car is almost the same age too (July 2006) but I have 21K miles now. There are a couple things that irks me:

1. the peeling steering wheel trim (where the buttons are, the softish rubber is peeling, can i ask them to replaces under warranty?)

2. The leather is showing its age quick. The seat edge on the side booster is starting to look a bit aged. I need to feed it some moisturizer or something (makes me think of Silence fo the Lambs: "Rub the lotion on the skin....."

3. The passenger seat has a rattle that wont go away. I forgot to tell the service guy about this. I need them to fix it asap because its bugging me big time.
1. my steering wheel trim hasn't peeled off yet, but the thin skin covering the black area under the iDrive button is. Also, the door handle rubbery skin is also damaged (probably because I use as a storage place for my Listerine strips!!)

2. same here - the seat edge on the side buster is wearing off.

3. No issues with rattles on the interior, however I do have a rattle on the exhaust system that is coming back again. I had it once and they repaired it.

I guess cars are supposed to have normal wear and tear, however let's take advantage of the 4 year / 100K mile free ride, and let's report anything - we don't lose anything by trying.
Appreciate 0