Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2writej
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssshake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2writej View Post
Thanks! I did not get this notification, actually another member PMd it to me but thanks for the help

I just finished installing everything into the car... Running an emulator...
However I dont get sound.
Songs stay at 0:00

Ive read that I just have to update the Amp?
Or is this because I need coding?
In my experience it's one of two things. 90% chance it's coding. You probably have the unit set to use logic 7 or vice versa. 10% chance you have an optical amp and left the circuit incomplete like I did when I did the retrofit.

Do you know if yours is optical or not? You either have two optical wires into the back of the CIC or you have like 30 wires.

Did you do a full non-idrive to idrive retro or just a CCC to CIC. I did a full non-idrive retrofit and I forgot to reconnect the optical jump which is by the drivers right foot.
I went, no idrive.. To cic

Any suggestions ? I believe i have optical

Not sure what you meant about the "right foot" part

Please help :
On the drivers side kick panel that is required to be removed to remove the dash contains an optical test/programming port. When you remove the kick panel, you remove the optical connector which is a bridge between the two optical fiber wires in the drivers footweel kick panel. So with that removed you basically have an incomplete loop, and therefore no auio or data being transmitted on the MOST audio fiber network.

So first check that. And either way the CIC head-unit needs to be VO coded with a blank .MAN file AFTER the VO has been changed to remove old radio and to add navi, and any other options you retrofitted (voice commands, Combox, usb audio, bluetooth, etc) Also the vehicle date must be changed which is part of the VO change process. Its the first #xxxx posted on the vehicle order. For example, to change it to a date after a 2009 produced car that would have a CIC system. #03/10 or 0310#. I forget exactly how it looks its been a while, but you'll see exactly what I'm talking about when you go do it.

If you can't figure it out, then google E90 vehicle order change DIY. After that is all done and the new VO is stored in the CAS and FRM. Close NCSEXPERT, reopen and "code all car." It will code the car to default based on the vehicle order typed in and the production date entered.
Appreciate 1