View Single Post
      05-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
BMW3DK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 / 540 G30

hi,
Are the cables out of the match system connector for the PP86dsp labeled?(not labeled on unit as is 82 dsp)
-> no info on the amplifier or in the manual, but all cables are marked with text *RF + & RF -*. Then it is just a matter of looking at the manual to see what is in/out and the rest will make sense once you look at it.

Where does the extra DSP only channel come from on the PP86dsp
I would assume the mono out RCA.
-> yes.

Just as a note my Hi Fi under seats would produce bass with the Jl 600/6 I put in but it was quite muddy and not very defined compared to the Jehnert xe 200s no dsp though
-> The DSP help a bit on the HiFi woofers, but you must go to HK/logic7 before you get a good unit, and again, it can perform ok without DSP, but an amplifier with DSP can really get the best from them.

And - remember, there is no need for the PP82/86 if you intend to play with the front/rear & USW units only, then a PP62 does 97% of the job in a smaller house with a lower pricetag!
And if you anyway want a sub you can do it from pre-out on the PP62

//Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Question for BMW3DK
Are the cables out of the match system connector for the PP86dsp labeled?(not labeled on unit as is 82 dsp)
Where does the extra DSP only channel come from on the PP86dsp
I would assume the mono out RCA.
Just as a note my Hi Fi under seats would produce bass with the Jl 600/6 I put in but it was quite muddy and not very defined compared to the Jehnert xe 200s no dsp though .
Appreciate 0