View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #14
cooldude346
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed07 View Post
The last time I got the half engine light was because the car was not getting any boost. The culprit was a blown stock charge pipe. Replaced it with a OEM one which failed again and then finally replaced it with a VRSF one and haven't had any issues. If its a boost leak chances are your leaking somewhere. I would double check all connections from intercooler onward and look for vacuum leaks too.
I checked the vacuum line connections and everything checks out. I also checked the chargepipe and it wasn't cracked anywhere visibly.

Question for you: How did you know your charge pipe was "blown"? Was it visibly cracked or disconnected anywhere? Or just by the symptoms you figured it that it was the Charge pipe?
Also one more question: were you getting 0 boost whatsoever? Or same as me - boosting for little bit and as soon as you hit like 3k rpm the light comes on??

Im really starting to suspect the charge pipe and might just order the VRSF one soon. Just want to make sure that is my problem before blowing the $500 (including BOV).
Appreciate 0