United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackrite View Post
Eureka!

I do indeed have the PPK Stage 1 upgrade! I wonder if that's what happened to my car?! I'm due into the dealership on Monday to have them look at it.

In your case was your PPK factory installed or done by the dealership as a dealer installed option? Now my only concern is those doofuses erasing my PPK when they recode the Combox! Is that in fact a possibility even?

Thanks!
The PPK Stage 1 updates the car past v45 software. v45 software introduced FSC enabling codes for the 6NR option -ConnectedDrive BMW Apps. The FSC enabled the BMW Apps after the update.

No FSC = no BMW Apps.

Unfortunately, there were no 6NR FSC codes available back then and dealers were informed late of this corporate mess up.

Drama ensures.

The 6NR FSC were finally made available to dealers late last year. Go to the dealer and tell them of your situation, they should know now what to do to enable the option. This is a warranty issue.
Technic,

I'm glad one of our resident gurus has chimed in...though I of course appreciate everyone's contributions thus far.

So, is it your thought that my Combox may be functionally fine, but just need a recoding? I've passed this thought along to the dealership, and will update you all on what they say. If my car is just in need of proper FSC coding to bring back BMW Apps functionality, instead of a whole new Combox, how long of a process is that - the recoding that is? One afternoon's worth of work?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!
'00 e46 323i *retired*
'84 e23 733i *retired*
Appreciate 0