View Single Post
      08-03-2018, 02:11 AM   #1381
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
After a month or so, I can't say enough how great these brakes are. Great pedal feel, balance, and well performing setup, and no issues or unwanted sounds/noise. Thanks again Feuer et rest who contributed greatly, I owe you!
Perhaps I do M3 pads at next replacement, but really have no issue with the ones it came with/OEM!

- I also added some more pictures, in previous post showing how little I had to shave down off the back off the calipers to get them to center on discs, and especially how helpful the E60 335 rear Zimmerman disc offset was. Additionally, although tough to see in pictures, it also shows that the plane of the discs and calipers are parallel and which wear pattern indicate now as well. I could have brought out the holes in knuckle out another 1mm perhaps (should have drawn a vertical line at inner perimeter of existing 10mm hole, and make sure to only go outward from there per the early Feuer hole illustration, to be dead on) but not worried about it as currently pads are flushing the inside of the disc wear surface pattern. If you just take your time this is a pretty straight forward job with just a grinder, drill bit and do multiple verifications/test fits on car, Atleast on the first side you work on before you have your required measurements to cut and let the grinder rip. To be honest shaving the calipers to me was is easier than dealing with the stupid hand-brake dis-assembly and re-assembly to access the holes in knuckle for drilling I think... and not related to my larger 135/335 equivalent mod/upsize of those but rather the stupid clips and springs etc!
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0