View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 08:29 PM   #13
xquatch
Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M 335i

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2011936Okay, so we're all locked and loaded and backing out of the garage...

[pause for effect]

All gears shift fine, and it only took like 10 days to bleed the air out of the clutch (new slave). Then all of a sudden there's just this grinding noise and the car is not moving. Good thing is I'm literally only 10 feet out of the garage. Short story - driveshaft splines stripped out on the donor AT front half driveshaft I got from local part out.

There are a few e90 AT driveshaft takeoffs (1472mm) on ebay. I can't believe the new OEM price is like $1k+. Not sure if the donor front half was already worn or what. I inspected it before assembly, but I will look closer on future installs.

In the meantime, my back half looks to be undamaged, so I'm going to see if I can make my original 6MT driveshaft work at 1485mm. I've see one other post where they were able to do this, but all future dismounts will require removing the driveshaft at the diff instead of the guibo. Stay tuned.

Last edited by xquatch; 04-09-2024 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
wrevilo37.00