10-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #20
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iN54enthusiast View Post
And you do know if its white smoke it may just be a fuel injector that doesnt close when its supposed to....just saying slim possibility.. pullin out your fuel injectors and giving them a cleaning is probably very beneficial to you....if that eliminates your smoking when coming to a stop then keep an eye on those injectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iN54enthusiast View Post
Ok so your turbo shafts look like there fine on that side of the turbo....what is the oil drain pipe condition like? Is it pinched at all? Is it clogged with debris? That could be a cause...also personally im leaning towards your valve cover cracked. EVEN if u hav a rb external pcv..if you didnt plug all your intake vacuum ports your valve cover can still be causing it. Im telling you if its old just replace it anyway.

Also whats with that one turbine at the top....is that just a shadow on the blade what is that? Its hard to tell i dunno if its the lighting but the top pic looks almost dry oily or is it just alot of carbon ....looks different than bottom turbo...i dunno u tell me

You said your turbos whine? You hear a whining sound under throttle? That could still be a bad turbo....mine were whining before i took them off...sounded like a hush siren...a quiet whine or possibly could be a bad pcv system hence replace your valve cover lol then come back and tell me what the car is doing
Thanks for you reply, wasn't expecting a reply to my old thread so I made new one here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1660912

Just to close this one and reply to you I was recommended to replace valve cover as you say. I already did gasket but F it let's just do the cover since I think it's a little bit cracked. Also I do not have external PCV just the internal PCV valve upgrade for the OE valve cover.

And yeah just noticed you are right... that one blade has some dirt or oil on it... shoot.

I would be hard pressed to say it's injectors because the smell man it reeks of oil when it does. And also more of a blueish smoke. It's definitely a different smell than exhaust. I also run on 94 octane so I think it has a distinct smell as well and I can really tell when the smell changes.
Appreciate 0