View Single Post
      07-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #1851
stamonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328xi 6MT

I received and installed my N7 Pro from Jeff in my E90 LCI with Harmon Kardon (L7) sound. Below are my rambling thoughts.

The installation was very easy, my only issue was finding constant power. From Jeff's DIY on the first page, he used fuse 70 which was taken on mine. After some trial and error, I used fuse 68.

The fit and the sound quality are easily my favorite features. It looks like my car came from the factory with the N7 installed. It sounds as good as the oem setup that the car came with. Streaming bluetooth quality is better than all of the previous setups that I tried.

The biggest letdown for me is the screen quality. I suspect they were a bit aggressive with the anti-glare coating on the screen. As a result it makes everything look slightly fuzzy. It reminds me of looking at someones phone that has a cheap plastic screen protector that is smudged up with greasy fingerprints. The screen is still usable, but comparing it to the factory nav in my 4runner and the 8 year old JVC in my F150, the Dynavin screen looks much worse.

I don't have an iPhone to test, but using Android Auto works well. Using AA has its far share of quirks, but I believe that's just the AA functions and not a Dynavin issue. A couple things to note, turn off the equilizer on your phone, otherwise AA audio quality is hot garbage. In the AA dev options, you can adjust the output resolution that helped with the screen quality. You can't skip songs with the steering wheel controls in AA, only adjust volume. The usb charged my phone at ~750mA, I was hoping for a bit more.

Appreciate 0