View Single Post
      05-03-2022, 11:45 PM   #19
gspinks11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackedacc View Post
I have this same problem in a 2009 335xi manual transmission. When I am slowing down there are one or more clunks. To me is seems like its coming from the drivetrain.

Interestingly it seemed to start happening when I replaced a tire. The new tire had about 4/32 more tread than the old tires. Could this be causing issues with the x-drive?
Did you ever figure this out?

I also have a 2008 e92 335xi manual, and since my REAR tires and rims were put on, there is a clunking when slowing down in gear or neutral

(I think more so when in neutral or with clutch held).

The car drives completely fine otherwise at high speed or above 15 mph but when coming to a stop I get what feels like clunking or disengaging/re-engaging attempts of some sort. I can't pin point the location but it feels like it's underneath me or in the middle of the car.

I'm literally thinking about putting my old rear rims back on just to test it and see... The fronts were put on a few weeks before the rears came in and I didn't have the issue.

Very strange I felt like the Mavis I brought it too botched my sh** up but now I feel a little better I guess..
Appreciate 0