View Single Post
      09-24-2018, 06:46 AM   #888
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Finally picked up my car yesterday!!

Being a complex buid it took a lot of time as my shop does oil changes 9-5 weekdays and works on race cars on the weekends so my car basically become an 'inbetweener'

I decided on a VRSF race FMIC since I was getting custom aluminium outlets fabricated. Decided on a custom charge pipe also with a vibrant HD clamp on the throttle body (the oem c clip can pop off occasionally) so basically the entire hot side and cold side charge pipes were custom.

While the subframe is dropped and steering rack, figured might as well slip in a M3 steering rack, oh and do the oil pan gasket. Since the trans was dropped for a Spec stage 2+ clutch & SMF decided to do the rear main seal, shifter refresh (I already had UUC SSK) with a new fork selector rear carrier bushing, delrin oval bushings, clips using motul trans fluid and nulon smooth shift additive.

Since the trans was out it also makes it easy to access the starter motor, so dropped in a fresh one, had the inlet manifold tapped for a high flow 6mm vac line to the TS raceport BOV (fitted with an orange spring) oh and a new LPFP sensor also. My OEM MAP sensor clip was broken (some hack who'd worked on the car previously) so it was upgraded for a new 3.5bar map sensor and harness from BMS and will allow tuning past 20psi+.

I had VTT silicon inlets and the fitment across the front of the motor is tight.. It doesn't help that I have a thicker than OEM CSF radiator, so it was decided to cut the inlet and install a hardpipe section which has an OD the same as the silicon ID to aid with clearance to avoid having the silicon inlet chewed up by the pulleys or rubbing against the belts..

I had decided to upgrade to the stiffer 60A TMS motor mounts.Obviously these slotted straight in whilst everything was apart. On startup you can feel the positive engagement of the mount as soon as the engine cranks over. NVH was definatley there but raising the idle in MHD it is a huge improvement!

Whilst control arms were dropped to remove subframe etc, I had a set of GAS monoball control arm mounts pressed in.

The plan is to wack some ohlins coilovers in I have waiting, some ZE40's shod with AD08R's shall arrive this week hopefully (been waiting 3.5 months for custom order from rays)

I'd purchased a set of F8X ///M rotors and calipers. The front calipers werent pnp on my M3 hub (but the rears are) and I was intending to have some adapters designed. But when I thought about it would probably cost me $1000 or so to do.. These calipers are popular with the E46 M3 guys, so I sold them and for another $1700 or so I'll run the 6 pot monobloc brembo's from slonik on the F8X ///M 380mm rotors.

So I'll install 380mm 370mm F8X F&R ///M rotors with rear F8X brembo calipers & Slonik 6 pot brembo's up front.

Ive done about 150 kays so far once the clutch has had 1000 kays use I'll then start tuning her on DI running E30-E40 !
Attached Images

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 09-26-2018 at 03:53 AM..
Appreciate 3
Socket4542.00
gmx166.00