View Single Post
      01-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #49
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbmw View Post
I starting working on cars at the age of ten, when my dad threw his back out and had me to help put his 600hp 440 for his 64 Plymouth Sport Fury back togther. Then I bought my 1st car at the age of 13, 1967 Cutlass with money I earned bussing tables. From then on I have been tearing everthing I own apart. I have learned Nothing is really that hard if you take your time and pay attention to how things came apart. Digital cameras now make that easy and armed with the internet you can almost find any info you need, Thanks to great websites such as this. Believe me I stopped and went back to my laptop many times during this project to double check things. I have also collected alot of tools over the years because with the money I save doing my own work, I always figured I could buy the tools I need. I'm now a Director of Engineering but this is how I like to spend my free time, it keeps me grounded. If interested in learning start off small, take your time and keep working your way up. Just remember always take the time to be safe, Do not take shortcuts, and it is always easier to do things right the 1st time. Almost everthing is that simple.
Very impressive work. What's your address? I'm going to buy the house next door so I can be that annoying neighbor always asking for help!
Appreciate 0