View Single Post
      06-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

To say there is not more lag w/ 29.2...well...I don't know what to say..it's just nearly unbelievable. I mean, you go from probably THE most lag-free performance car available to the general public and make it into a ho-hum turbo response...it's night and day. It's simple mechanics too. The wastegate is clearly more open under idle and light load (hence the car being loud as ballz now when puttering around) and that also equates to increased wastegate closing time, and hence more lag.

Anyway, I wrote Customer Relations on the website and got a BS useless response. Maybe calling is the way to go. They sure hide that phone # and don't make it easy to call...unless I'm missing it on the "Contact Us" page.

Also, make sure to mention it to your SA. It can't hurt. I told mine and asked if he's had other complaints. He said "No, but I'll make a note of it since you said it." The more they hear, the better the chances for a fix.

One would have to think that it's only a matter of time before either a long-term test car of a car magazine gets the update and they rant about it, or, for whatever reason they test a new '08 and write up how it feels like crap compared to the '07. The latter is less likely because unless they are driving it nearly daily, like in the case with the long-term testers, it will be more difficult to notice so easily.
Appreciate 0