View Single Post
      11-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
docal97
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw 328i xdrive

2010 328xdrive and iphone 3gs

Hi all.....1st post. Got the above mentioned car last week and it is amazing. Got the premium/value pkg, xenon's, nav, satellite radio, ipod setup, split down rear seats.

So i have read multiple posts on the situation whereby the y connector in the bmw does not charge the iphone 3gs. I went out and got the Scoshe passPORT as suggested on the net. It doesn't work. The iphone will still not charge. I gave it back. The Apple store had a version of the product that does not show the Iphone 3gs on the back of the packaging. The company website, however, does list the iphone 3gs as compatible. Perhaps the Apple store had an older version of this product, although the passport does look the same as on their website.

So now I am back to square one. My BMW parts center states that there is no info available about an updated cable becoming available anytime soon. I can plug the Iphone into the lighter inside the center console to charge, but then I cannot listen to my music in the car. This is obviously frustrating.

Has anyone found any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks, AL
Appreciate 0