View Single Post
      05-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
says it is short circuiting to B+, I live in Florida no enforced regulation for emissions
I don't mean to be a wise guy, but what code is stored in the DME that you/someone is interpreting as described above? The ONLY definition of a "short-circuit" in an automotive electrical circuit I have ever heard of is where battery voltage or "hot" wire is "shorted" or somehow unintentionally contacted to ground, so by definition, you cannot have a short to B+ which is Positive Terminal of Battery or 12V+.

Also, what is "IT" that is shorting: (1) an issue with the DMTL pump, (2) the Purge or Vent Valve (at the intake), or (3) something else in the system???

I understand you do NOT need to have Evaporative Emissions system functional to pass any mandated inspection, so you just want a simple solution. My only concern would be: WHAT is the fault or issue, and does simply masking or ignoring it by turning off the warning light cause some other problem. Providing all Fault Codes saved in DME Memory (and FF Data if available) would be a good way to get suggestions on that if you don't already know.

George
Appreciate 0