View Single Post
      08-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippiBMW View Post
...I have codes 29E0, 29E1, 2D29, 2D06. I have changed the MAF sensor and I have also cleaned the connector. The car has a rough idle on cold start and when warm....and the car dies occasionally. My gut is telling me bad fuel injectors...
What did you read codes with? Did the scan tool/software provide any code definitions. NONE of the codes have ANYTHING to do with injectors, or plugs, or coils or ANYTHING related to "misfire." Rough idle is NOT misfire.

Your rough running, at least at idle (probably runs OK at full throttle), is almost certainly due to a vacuum leak -- "unmetered" (by the MAF) air entering the intake from a leak downstream of the MAF. THAT is why BOTH banks are Too Lean. THAT is why Mass air flow (detected by MAF sensor) is too low for engine RPM. Same for Intake Manifold Pressure. The DME provides an amount of fuel (injector pulse duration) determined by the Mass of air passing the MAF sensor. When air is being drawn into the engine that did NOT pass,/ get measured by, the MAF sensor, fueling is TOO LEAN.

Here are the Code Definitions from Bentley:
P0171 | 2A2B | System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 | 29E1 |System Too Lean (Bank 2)
P1104 | 2D29 | Differential Pressure Sensor Intake Manifold Pressure Too Low Bank 1 (THAT is NOT just first 3 cylinders but all 6 since just 1 intake)
P1415 2D06 Mass or Volume Air Flow Too Low

I would get a can of spray Ether (Starting Fluid) and with COLD ENGINE, start engine and then spray ether around the air duct between the MAF and Intake manifold, as well as manifold attachment to head. When idle speed increases, you have found a leak source.

George
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50