View Single Post
      09-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #685
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Yes, automatic transmission cars are more prone to overheating than MT.

On my car the following budget went into cooling (approx prices incl. labour):

AR Design Oil Cooler 950 EUR
ER Sports Series OC 1400 EUR (including custom stainless steel lines)
335is Airducts 100 EUR

Next is the Performance Kit Radiator for approx 1000 EUR installed.

Still far away from $10k, so I guess that estimate includes suspension and power mods.

The PWR radiator costs $1000, but no one seems to have it installed so far. Would be great to see an actual customer review on this.
There's BMW promo pricing that just started. Unsure of the conversion but the power pack is $1199 usd now.

I too would like to see a review but I can't think of one person that had a retrofit. I'm guessing the vast majority of people with the BMW performance package bought it installed at factory. Then factor in the small amount of owners that track their car... Well be hard pressed to get a review anytime soon.

On another note, I attended Thunderhill again. Temps were 90-95 iirc. My oil temp hit 280 but never went limp. I may have experienced power loss but there was no half engine light and I never slowed down... And I'm AT. Was pushing pretty hard for (5) 25 minute sessions.

Cooling mods now consist of: 75/25 distilled water/coolant + water wetter, ETS 5" fmic, Vishnu pmw meth kit. This last mod might explain why I didnt feel power loss. Note, I had max boost set for 13.5 psi. Ill update the spreadsheet when I get a moment.
Appreciate 0