View Single Post
      08-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
spazzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP,2013 X1 35i

My main polishes are Menzerna 400,3500 & 3800.

Menzerna is known for leaving polishing oils that need to come off the paint before applying a coating.
CarPro Eraser, Optimum paint prep are what I use. Some guys use a 15%IPA solution for the wipe down.
Plenty of quality microfibers are needed to avoid spreading oils instead of removing.

If I am coating I will always finish with 3800 on a white Lake country force pad.
To finish I burn through 2 wipe downs and 15 towels(Cobra jr)

For CarPro Cquartz products you could use Essence extreme gloss enhancer before their coatings .
For Optimum Gloss coat you can use Hyper polish.
Both of these examples supposedly don't need a wipe down because of the "synergy" although I would anyway. Nothing like a guarantee.
When applying the coating on a clean prepped surface it just glides on.

It all depends on what you want to spend on a coating. There is a lot of hype floating around as far as longevity claims.
My coated car lasts over a year easily because of a garage and a substantial investment in decent microfibers,car shampoos and booster products.

Other than that dribble, I am glad I went to a coating. I haven't switched from Optimum Gloss coat because I know it is easy to use and what to expect.
I use Opti-lens on my headlights and also gloss coat the wheels.
Appreciate 0