11-15-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
This was never mentioned to me after I picked up the car, nor was it on any of the documentation I received. I'm going to call the indy tomorrow, but I'm worried that if they tried to pull this over on me, they might tell me to pound sand. In which case, I might take it to small claims court or something.

This is besides the fact that my wiring harness holder that clips above the engine by the cabin filter was completely snapped. But I figured that could have just been wear and from my driving. Really lost on what to do here guys. Any help is appreciated.
Not sure if you have much leg to stand on. Is it part of the OFHG? If it is, ok, go in and be nice about it and have them inspect/address. Always better to take a friendly stance first — if you're a good customer they'll be more likely to help. Pull the 'tude and they'll be defensive for sure.

If it isn't, all they did was just miss it and not try to up sell you. Maybe they never cleaned up after the repair. But if it's part of it, the parts and workmanship are usually expressed as warranty statements on your invoice so check that out...they may have no issue with doing the repair at all.

Did you inspect with them after the repair? Always a good idea — I once saw half my intake disconnected when they opened the hood to let me inspect the repairs they did.
Appreciate 0