05-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #16
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
Well, OK, "serious " contender I mean in respect what you can get from a vehicle like that. I mean more power can be extracted from 1.8 TSI in VW, so yes, one will be slower.
I mean, I drop kids to daycare and go to track with child seats in the back . I don't pretend nor expect to be fastest, but it is a lot of fun.
For people who want to go as much as possible from 128 or 328, yes solid bushings, lower springs, B8 shocks, thicker sway bars etc. I personally use my car as daily driver and track car. So, I don't want to go crazy on suspension.
Yes, 260-270whp with N54 manifold, I can see not being able to go with 3-stage that much. You are right, push power upward and mid range suffer.
Still for people who just want fun on track, 128/328 is one of best options. It is strong chassis, small upgrades, and have fun.
Agreed.

I still stand by going solid subframe (nothing else) if you're doing subframe bushing, regardless if the car is a daily driver, a weekend car or a track only car. It's one of the few bushings that has no downsides. However, if you don't want to replace bushing, the Whiteline (or similar) subframe inserts are an excellent choice and a lot easier to install (and cheaper), and make a noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0