View Single Post
      07-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #71
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Note to self and everyone else doing these types of swaps, make sure your donor car and the car you're building on share similar build dates, or at least have matching build cycles (Pre-LCI & LCI).

The DCT transmission will only work on a 2009+ JBE (body module), not only is the wiring rearranged but it also communicates via additional CAN lines so retrofitting a LCI JBE to Pre-LCI harness is extremely painful due to different color wiring and different style pins inside the connectors.

My original plan was to swap over the transmission wiring on the body harness, swap over the JBE/CAS/and then transfer all the additional factory options one by one (Comfort Access, PDC, L7, iDrive, add. Fan Relay, ect), but the task of swapping the the JBE alone seems impossible without spending more time than I can afford.

Even if I got an LCI E90/91 harness, which is hard to find as it is (Most of them are cut or are removed from base 328i models), I would still have to swap all the transmission wiring, and whatever options the harness will be missing, then still be forced to modify it to E91 spec (realistically I won't find a LCI body harness lol).

Anyway.... at this point, I gunna go ahead and swap over the complete E92 harness into the E91, then retrofit 3 additional doors to a coupe.
Appreciate 1