View Single Post
      02-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Question Car Tax VED ramblings

Not sure if this question should be O/T - sorry if it should, but I think its relevant to bmw ownership

I picked up my 335i last May (07) and the month prior Gordon the brown decided to up Band G cars to £400 notes (not sure if he created this new band) for cars built after March 2006.

Now as my 335i was built early 07 that means it is 227g co2 just after the cusp of the banding, @ 225g my question is related to future increases in VED.....

if that twat (acutally its not Gordon anymore is it? oh well still applies) decides to increase VED in the next budget to £1000+ maybe £2000 where do you think us drivers with band G cars will fair?

I cannot imagine (acutally with labour I can) the gov. being able to say - now all you with band G cars please pay 2K, surely they have to give notice and state something along the lines of "all cars manufactured after 2010 in band G will have to pay 2k" Otherwise I expect a cheque from the Govt to equate for the monumental deprication i will have to absorb..

wonder what gases will govs. move onto after CO2 from cars (1% of uk output) after all money has been made?

Thoughts?

PS if you think the banding is pathetic (i do - its about $ after all) take a look at this (info from a poster at pistonheads)

Porsche Cayman 2.7 5 speed 224 CO2's - Band F
Porsche Cayman 2.7 6 Speed 227 CO2's - Band G

This made me laugh too (as its true)

FACT- If I earn a decent wage, run a nice car and own my own property Labour will TAX TAX TAX. It happened with the last labour government.

FACT- If I choose not to work, live off the state, breed like a rabbit I will receive handsome sums of money in benefit and housing for my trouble

sorry last bit has gone AWOL and a bit OT - well its a Sunday morning rant
Appreciate 0