11-05-2014, 03:48 AM   #1
deeebo8452
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 325d N57

BMW 320d DPF WARNING LIGHT?! HELP PLEASE!!! :(

Hi All

The following Warning Light came on my 2007 BMW 320d M Sport Coupe E92 94k miles on the clock yesterday.

1. Is this the dreaded DPF Filter light? It is a square with half filled dots (pic below).

2. I have noticed there are other warning lights showing the same box in which it is full of dots. Does the fact its half filled mean its not as bad of an issue?

3. I use my car regularly and commute 40 miles each day going 70mph+ hence thought the DPF should regenerate and not have this issue, so I am led to believe.

4. One point to note is that I went through a very big puddle under a bridge which was kind of flooded and thought to turn back instead went thought it very slowly. The light literally appeared minutes after and has never come on before. So perhaps could it be that the exhaust is just damp and it will dry out and the warning light will go away? Or is that just wishful thinking?

5. In terms of next steps, should I definitely get it seen to, leaving it, will it get worse and the entire car will mess up?

6. And in terms of cost what am I looking, is there a quick fix. I was thinking to just use it regardless since the car runs and seems fine, or is this unwise?

Any feedback on the matter will be much appreciated!

I hope this is not a costly month
Attached Images

Appreciate 0