View Single Post
      06-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
Silent9n54
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I would say buy a genuine tested cable, but you can also post in your local forum and find someone that was a working cable and test it. That way you know if the cable is good and you get to meet your local bmw enthusiasts ! win/win !
Have a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post
I've been using the same OBD2 --> USB cable for about 3 years without issues. I haven't done any logging or flashing in a few months and just tried to connect to my car with MHD and XHP and neither will connect. When I attempt to connect the red light on the cable blinks a few times and only blinks green for a fraction of a second. Then the apps tell me they can't connect.

My phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) has had some updates since the last time I successfully connected but that's the only variable I can think of.

I know usually the cable is the culprit in these situations, but here is what I've tried and keep getting the same results

- Bought a new cheap ebay cable but it had good reviews and tried that. Is it possible my old cable "crapped out" and the new one is bad?
- Tried a new OTG adapter cable
- Broke out an old LG G2 android phone and got the same behavior with that phone (it is OTG capable)
- Have tried connecting with ignition on with both the engine running and not running
- Have waited about a minute after plugging cables into OBD2 port (after solid red light turns off) to try and connect
- wiped data and cache from MHD on both phones.
- uninstalled and re-installed MHD on both phones
- Did a full factory data reset on my Galaxy S7
- I have a basic OBD2 code scanner and that connects fine to my car
- I just had my car coincidentally inspected about a week ago and they had no problems connecting to my car

I'm stumped - Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0