02-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #126
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Interesting. Why did Kobe never have a 50%+FG season? The closest to 50% was the 2001-2002 season at 46.9%.
Dude, during that season he averaged 20 shot attempts and 9.4 buckets

LBJ over his career has averaged about 20 shot attempts and 9.9 buckets per game.

That's literally "half" a shot difference, you can't get much closer than that. Yeah, LBJ is ever so slightly more accurate, but let's not go overboard like your boy Litos, and act like Kobe is throwing up bricks all night on his way to winning 5 NBA Championships. When you consider Kobe plays the 2-spot in the back court, his numbers are actually impressive.

As a shot guard, he's usually playing against the best or second best perimeter defender on a given team. Additionally, the 2-spot is expected to take far more perimeter shots than someone playing forward like Lebron James. Kobe simply takes a lot more difficult shots than LBJ is expected to take given their positions. Give me a break comparing a small forward/power forwards efficiency to a shot guards efficiency. That's ridiculous. Tyson Chandler was in the Top 3 for efficiency in 2012, and #1 for FG percentage, does that mean he's better than LBJ? or Kevin Durant? There are literally no shot guards in the Top 10 for PERs, and there's a reason for that, which I've described above.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 02-05-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0