Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelvio View Post
x2 ^

Glad you found your issue, but I'm about to hijack your thread because I recently installed Koni Yellows, Powerflex thrust bushings, tension control arms, new top hats and new lowering springs. The thrust control arm ball-joints are the only things I did not replace as when I took the rear lower control arm out they seemed very much fine. Car is an E91 XI.

Tie rods/steering feels tight as it should be. Everything was tightened correctly at ride height. When going over some bumps I get the THUD noise/feeling as if the shocks are blown. The Koni's are on the softest setting. I do not see any visible leaking from the shocks though. I do feel as though the front is a little too soft but if I stiffen up the shock I'm afraid the THUD will increase exponentially. All parts were new and installed recently.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to start?
I have this exact same issue. Basically even small cracks and Indentations in the pavement feel like I’ve run over craters. I took the car back to get upgraded z4 and m3 mounts, let’s see what happens.
Appreciate 0