06-30-2017, 11:34 PM   #315
dancing__narwhal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoads335i View Post
Currently have M3 seats in my e92 that came with sport seats everything on passenger seat works only the drivers seat's bolsters and lumbar do not work. I did not install these the previous owner did so for this thread I'm under standing I need to soder a wire to go to pin 7 from a power wire on car side and do the same for a ground wire to pin 13. Is there a way to do it without sodering or is that the best way?
Soldering is how I did it. On the driver side I had one pin that controlled seat motion and one that controlled lumbar and bolsters. I confirmed which coin was which by swapping them around and seeing which functions worked when plugged in.

Once I identified the two pins that needed power, I soldered a wire from one to the other. Then I was able to plug the power into either one and it powers both. Hope that helps!

Also you can code the seatbelt and airbag warning lights out using an adapter like the Carista. I also had a fault for the active headrests since the seats I swapped didn't have them. I think that has to be coded out using Inpa or by a professional coder.
Appreciate 1