View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 05:26 AM   #2
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchcf View Post
I am planning on buying this n55 and doing all this for the internal mods, i am totally new to this but have done a decent bit of research. please let me know if i missed any supporting mods/ overlooked anything

the car: 2013 e92 n55 90k miles
it’s very well looked after, fully stock and has service records of all maintenance that these cars need at around 100k miles like water pump, valve cover etc so in theory i should just be able to get the car and add the mods

mods:

performance intake

catless dp

intercooler

chargepipe

ignition coils

1 step spark plugs

mhd tuner

Please lmk if i’m looking over anything/ anything here doesn’t make sense, thanks
Hello! A few things I'd like to mention just so you are aware.

A cold air intake will not help you gain any performance and is counterproductive most of the time, but it does allow you to hear air being intaked more. I had the same one but there really is no point to it in my opinion other than it being cool looking and sounding.

Spark plugs and coils: You don't need to upgrade any of these unless you are really pushing the car with upgraded turbos and beyond. I have used stock plugs and coils on my MHD Stage 2+ for around 5 years. Now maybe it is a good practice to put better plugs but you will have to gap them to the appropriate size. I suggest getting these parts from FCP Euro that way you have lifetime warranty and can change them every year for free.

The downpipe you linked is for FXX series N55 and not E9X, please be sure to take the E9X version. Additionaly, the downpipe doesn't comme with the turbo side gasket as well as the exhaust side gaskets+hardware kit. These 2 items should be added to your cart when you checkout.

The chargepipe is good, just don't forget to select the N55 option when checking out to ensure it's not a N54 chargepipe.

The intercooler is also good but I would recommend sizing it up for sure. Especially if you live in a place that's pretty hot or humid or that you plan on doing even more with the car. The 7.5" upgrade isn't much more expensive, but the other 1000WHP rated one is probably overkill.

If you are automatic transmission, I also suggest you look into xHP transmission tune. They make the ZHP6 much faster on shifts, it's actually so impressive.
mchcf0.00