View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 02:28 AM   #18
DeobandiPrince
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I would suggest using Activation of pump to determine its health. BEFORE you activate it, NOTE the speed that it is running under DME Control, and if ~ 15% with Coolant Temp ~ 85C, then that is normal, at least for my N52KP.

I'll attach INPA ScreenPrints of "Water Pump Activation" Screen to the next post so as NOT to mess up margins here: (1) DME Control (NO activation selected) at 85C, and (2) Activation @ 50%. You may have to test continuity of BSD Interface wires, and/or Connectors at each of the 4 components, to correct the issue.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Hey George, it's me from the AC thread a day or 2 ago haha. You seem to be very knowledgeable about these things.

I have a solo 2E85 code (Just the one code. Nothing else.) Previous owner said the owner before him changed the water pump (in 2019 but no receipts were given.) Here's the freeze frame. I can't clear the code. If I try it doesn't even go away from the screen. It's always there.

The car never overheats and when I request various water pump RPM's it's all within range as noted below

Is there anything worth noticing in the data above?

My VCG, OFHG and oil pan were leaking badddd when I bought the car and so the whole front of the engine is greased up. The front of the water pump has enough that I took a long screw driver and just brushed off a layer of oil and dirt. The point of all of this is that I saw in another post someone mentioning that they had to unplug the water pump connector, clear the code and reconnect it. Maybe the oil and dirt got into the sensor or something? Considering that the pump request percent lines up with actual percent, do you think that hopefully just disconnecting the sensor, cleaning up the sensor, clearing the light and reconnecting it would fix it?

I should also note that there's nothing out of the ordinary from the fan. I've read people reporting that the fans go on full blast when they turn on the car or other weird stuff but nothing on my end. I can run the coolant bleed procedure with no issues or stuttering either.

Won't have my jack with me till the weekend so hoping to come up with a plan of attack till then.

Looking forward to your usual insightful comments.

Last edited by DeobandiPrince; 04-27-2022 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0