08-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #31
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juan View Post
Just what I noticed with the GolfTee or any metohods of allwing the actuar valve to be open all the time is gas mileage and a bit of off the line punch . I plugged in my hose again and I'm getting 2 mpgs better gas consumption... anyone else has this experience??
but for what is worth, the slight sound increase was nice..going for my 2nd tank of gas and Im averaging 17.8 mpg (85%city 15% hwy) and with the valve off I was done to 15 to 16 mpg weird...
All in your mind most likely, kind of a seat of the Pants dyno effect... Prolly getting better mileage because you're not busy revving your motor to listen to the music? Looking at the layout of the exhaust system and given that it's a turbo motor, a little flapper valve out back appears to do little more than quiet things down a bit. Turbo's don't rely on exhaust back pressure to improve torque, there is no gain or loss to be had. My understanding anyway.