09-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #36
DG330
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Thanks, ironically a chap I was speaking to on YouTube said the exact same thing this morning as we both lose oil and both our filters got clogged pretty quick. But this is the issue I have as I've came across the catch can scenario a couple of years ago and that's people fabricating their own CCV plate and creating elbow joints etc, I haven't got a clue how I'd go about doing that. and the threads I did see of people doing this was created a long time ago so I overlooked a catch can install for the time being.

I'll have to start looking into this a bit more. it's going to be a lot quicker than pulling the engine for a rebuild while reading countless newtis documents haha. So the provent 200 is old but still appears to be mentioned even now, is this a good route to go down? Another thing I remember reading was a chap saying the CC pressure was an issue and he used some huge 1" pipes, it looked like another cooling pipe lol.

And also, I just thought will these filters last long? it took probably 2 months to clog the OEM filter before it started to increase pressure so I'm curious if this would cope better?

I’m that chap 😂

Also having this blue smoke headache - watching this thread now. Will add anything I find when I do some tests next weekend 👍🏻
Appreciate 0