View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 05:15 AM   #139
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

So, this update consists of two new items: tyres and brakes!

Rear tyres were running low so thought I'd take the opportunity to change for some track day tyres. Planning on a track day at some point in the next few months so thought it was good timing. Went for the Federal 595 RS Pros as a budget track tyre, whilst still being half decent on the road. Too early to tell what they're like yet. Pic attached.

From a brakes point of view, I was experiencing extremely poor performance at high speed, with crazy judder once they got a bit hot. So decided I want to upgrade the front calipers. I didn't want to go all out BBK, so began sourcing some FXX 4 pot calipers. More clamping force than the current single piston and slightly larger braking surface area. Got lucky and found some on the F30Post forum and found some recently refurbished ones that came off a 435d. Pic attached. Also got the OEM discs and pads with them with plenty of life left. I've also had some stainless steel hoses lying around for ages but never got round to fit. Thankfully these fit into these calipers and now would be a perfect opportunity to fit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0