View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
Wurx
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Wurx thanks for responding. I found on my car after lean codes trip the SES light it will go off after a few ignition cycles even if I haven’t cleared the code. The codes are still stored and I can pull them and/or reset with my Carly. After reset the SES light will come on again when a new lean code occurs.

So just because you have not seen a SES light anymore doesn’t mean the issue is gone. You have to clear the codes and then have the light not come on any more to be free and clear.

Just so I can make sure I understand, did you reset the codes after swapping back to stock airbox and now they haven’t come back?

I’m thinking of swapping back to my stock airbox and clearing the codes to see what happens.

No, I never did clear/reset the SES light manually. When my buddy read the code for me, we didn't clear it.

The SES light went off on it's own after a few days driving with the stock airbox back on. That was a few days ago, and it hasn't come back on so far.

I find it odd that the AFE intake would throw a code like that. Seems like that would be well documented on the forums if that were the case. Or maybe less people have this intake on an N52 than I thought?

I would really like to put the AFE intake back on because when I took it off I really noticed how much more responsive it made the car feel. I don't know if it's power increase or just throttle response, but it made the care more fun to drive. I also really liked the induction sound it had.
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3761.50