11-30-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
W12
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe

bluefin - total mess up and car now immobilised

HI guys

Just thought Id inform you of my current experience with bluefin.

Ordered it in Wednesday last week - no problem got the forum 10% off so £407 delivered.

Arrived Thursday as promised but have charged my card £452- called up apparently will refund difference - am still waiting!!

Plugged into my E92 335d on thursday night downloaded original map onto bluefin then plugged into my pc and uploaded to superchips after about 4 attempts it connects to their server.

Waiting for this supposed text and email to say new map is ready to download.....all friday nothing, call up friday at 4:30pm they say their computer says it has already been downloaded I should plug into my car and upload map!

I try this but still no response from the bluefin its still saying insert cd-rom!

So i wait patiently all weekend...call up on monday afternoon again after not hearing anything from them...and they reset their comp which then i get an email and text saying map is ready to download!

So i download map and go out to car-it uploads after doing the whole holding start button down for 5 sec to make sure ignition is on etc.. first time=error code, I try again this time it starts uploading and finishes then makes 2 loud beeps and all different error codes are lighting up on the i drive screen and an error code to on the bluefin code C034 to say its failed to upload!

I call up again they say try installing original map again then try uploading the bluefin map. ok.

I then spend the next hour in the freezing car trying to upload the original map but keep getting the same two beeps at the end of the upload with the same error code C034!

I have given up, my car is immobilised and wont start.

Have called again this morning and they come up with that the unit had got two different vin numbers on it so may not even have my original car map on it!!!

am now waiting for them to call me back with my car immbolised on the drive way -

Am pissed off to the max now to say the least - starting to think I should have used evolve instead.
Appreciate 0