View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimE92 View Post
...When did I say all of that?? I never said I don't trust anything or anyone I just want confirmation. And just as I suspected look at the pic attached...Leaving work now and heading to auto zone to replace the missing fuse.
(1) I would be interested to know what changes when you put a fuse in the F33 slot (if your JB even has sockets in that slot);

(2) I would be interested to know what the mileage was (per FF Data) when the Three (3) Coolant Pump Circuit-related faults were saved in DME memory, and your current mileage.

Here are the definitions of the three codes (per SIB 120405 & Bentley):
2E83: Electric coolant pump, power-reduced operation, dry run
2E85: Electric coolant pump, communication, no voltage at emergency operation input of pump
2E8B: three different P-codes with slightly different definitions:
P150A | 2E8B | Battery Sensor Extended Communication Circuit
P150B | 2E8B | Battery Sensor Serial Data Interface
P150C | 2E8B | Battery Sensor Firmware Implausible

Here are preliminary tests at the Coolant Pump Connector, X6035, for your model per SIB 120405, after changing X6035 Pin & Fuse References to conform to your model:
NOTE: All measurements should be performed with the battery charger connected to the vehicle. 1. Measure the following at connector X6035 on the electric coolant water pump:
- Pin 1 (fuse F37) and Pin 4 ground (X6455) = 12 volts
- Pin 3 (fuse F07) and Pin 4 ground (X6455) = 12 volts
- Pin 2 BSD signal (from DME Pin 26) and Pin 4 ground (X6455) = 7.5 - 8.5 volts
All Pins & Connectors numbered per the previously-furnished schematic for Coolant Pump Circuit:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ooling/vRilOSj

Has any BSD connector been disconnected recently, including the IBS to BSD connector over the Negative battery terminal? Here is the BSD interface for your car:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...rnator/bzQCNHS

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0