View Single Post
      09-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #618
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
I'm looking into buying a glaze since I do not have a PC. Which is better and easier to use? Meguiar's number 7 or Vanilla Moose glaze? Or what is your recommendation for my situation?

I was also thinking about buying some Natty Boys too so ultimately, I just want to use a filler then wax. Is this even possible? Please let me know. Thanks!!
Depending on how deep the imperfections are, I wouldn't expect a glaze to fill in much. You will still see deeper swirls and other imperfections rather easily. I think a lot of people who use glazes for the first time expect it to fill in a lot, when in reality they only fill in minor surface imperfections. I just wanted to help get your expectations right before making any purchase.

I know a lot of detailers prefer to use ClearKote Red Moose Glaze under a wax though. I've used RMG under several waxes with good luck, the depth and gloss looks great. RMG is more on the oily side, which in the looks department really helps enhance the finish, however, I find it doesn't seem to fill much. It also is a very easy product to work with.

I haven't used Meguiar's #7, so I cannot comment on that product, but I'd venture to guess it may fill more imperfections than the ClearKote glazes.

I think you'd have good luck with a glaze and Natty's Blue combo. Be sure to keep us posted on what you end up using and how things turn out.

George
Appreciate 0