View Single Post
      09-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #264
NoSlow5oh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I was actually only agreeing with this remark "As stated earlier, you seem to be trying to compare apples to oranges and nothing can be considered conclusive in your post, unfortunately, because I do respect the amount of time you spent trying to state your case."

In the case of apples and oranges, you seemed to do it pretty well as the only thing similar with your comparisons was the vehicle had seats and steering wheel, everything else was different entirely. LOL

When you compare different intercoolers, under the same conditions EVERYWHERE ELSE, then we'd be talking facts and apples to apples.

Agreeing with ETS being high quality with the best IAT supression, then being bothered by vendors up-selling people on higher quality intercoolers bothers you.

This is starting to make a lot of sense...

I hope your not trying to "call me out" when you remark "VENDORS" by the way. I'm the most unbiased person here. I've already said if the cut rate ebay intercooler works for you, keep using it, however, until you compare it to something else yourself, you're only as good as the information you provide.

It's like being with one girl and saying shes the best thing since sliced bread, kind of hard to take your word for it...

Also, with your regards to your IAT going up from 100-109. Although mentioned, you seem to pass over the fact that the Ambient was 77, so you started ~25 degrees over ambient before you even made the pull, not exactly impressive.

Had your Ambient and start of the pull have been within 10 or less like good/high quality intercoolers, then that would be something to talk about.

Grabbing random logs off datazap never tells the whole story, I feel like I'm just repeating myself now. Different cars, different elevation, different modifications, different octane, different heat soak, etc etc etc

Apples to apples would be same car, same boost, same tune, same road, same heat soak, same conditions EXCEPT for the intercoolers changing...

If you think that doesn't have any merit and won't prove anything, then you've clearly never tried other intercoolers to understand what makes them tick, what makes them work and what makes a low efficiency intercooler different from a high quality and high efficiency one.

When that is done, then we'll see the true colors of each intercooler at hand.

For the record, I agree there are some $1000 intercoolers not worthy of their price tag. I for one know which intercoolers they are and which ones are not worthy of their cost. There is such thing as mark up for specific brands simply because of their brand name, ETS is not one of them as you guys can already tell and I hate to keep plugging at ETS, I actually make more money on other brands so it's not even about that. You'll find them fairly priced for what they offer though if you were looking for my actual sales pitch.

Although I'd love to continue arguing, I do have actual customers to attend to.
Bingo

bNks334 - you just can't see the forest from the trees, can you?
Appreciate 0